- Finished driving the ground stakes into the ground. The 2 1/2 foot stakes are now 2 feet into the earth.
- Cut off some mushroomed-out pipes (bent out from excessive student pounding with a sledge hammer) with either a handsaw or a Saw-zall. This is impressive because each wall of the pipe is 1/4″ thick steel.
- Assembled hoops on the ground (including drilling through previously stated, rather thick pipes)
- Set hoops in place on the ground stakes
- Attached purlin ridge (runs at the top of hoops and holds them together) from a ladder with, you guessed it, another drill.
Next up: hoops supports.